Below you will find information on ACT-1's protocols as of Sept 14, 2021. Please note that this is an ever changing environment and we will continue to update as we get updates from the CDC!
In-person group sizes will be a Maximum of 24 students (not including two Directors).
Our staff is fully vaccinated.
If your student is fully vaccinated, please send us a copy of his/her vaccination record.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS DURING REHEARSALS:
Regardless of vaccination status, all students will be required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test each week for class.
How to show proof of negative COVID-19 TEST:
Step 1: When checking your child in, you will need to check a box stating that their test was negative. Though you will be asked to check this box each rehearsal day, the actual test only needs to be completed once per week.
Step 2: You will also need to send ACT-1 via email a photo of your negative COVID-19 test. This will only be seen by you and ACT-1's administrators. The student's full name must appear clearly on the negative test.
Accepted Types of proof:
OTC at home rapid test (with student's full name and the date of the test both appearing in the photo).
Doctor's office test
PCR test site (can be Rapid)
STUDENTS AGES 12+ that are fully vaccinated will still need to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test.
* During all rehearsals, all students and staff will be required to wear face masks (unless having a drink of water).
* The one exception to this is while singing: if you are fully vaccinated and can observe social distancing of 8 feet+ from others, you may remove your mask for the duration of the song only. In this case, plastic face shields are strongly encouraged but not required.
* To properly wear a mask, please follow CDC guidelines (proper mask wearing means both nose and mouth are covered and the mask fits securely around those two areas).
* If you'd like to purchase a mask that allows for your child's facial expressions to be seen, there are some here.
* For indoor rehearsals, social distancing will be in place: 6 feet socially distancing when singing and 3 feet for when not singing.
* For outdoor rehearsals, we will be masked but not always socially distancing.
* For break time, students will go outdoors. If you remove your mask for having a drink or a snack, please observe a distance of 6 feet.
4) Health Screening Form:
* Please fill out a health screening form before entering each rehearsal.
4) Travel Advisory:
* Notify ACT-1 if you plan to travel.
* Get tested 3-5 days after your return and before returning to ACT-1.
5) Other Safety Precautions:
* Parents, please do not come in to the rehearsal space.
* We ask that all families remain socially distanced from each other while waiting to enter the building/leaving the building.
* If a student at ACT-1 tests positive, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, they will be immediately removed from class and mandated to quarantine according to CDC guidelines. They will be allowed to return in person after the quarantine, with a negative PCR test, and symptom-free. Until that time, they may attend rehearsal through Zoom.
* ACT-1 will follow official guidelines in regards to the potential isolation of the exposed cast.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS DURING TECH/SHOWS:
Regardless of vaccination status, all students will be required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test 48 hours before coming into the theatre for Tech Week (Monday, Dec 6).
Once we are in the theatre (beginning Dec 6), we will not be using masks while performing on stage. Masks will be required off stage and any time a student is not performing.
*Once we are in the theatre (beginning Dec 6), students will not be observing social distancing.
*The audience will be a minimum of 10 feet from the cast during performances.
4) Health Screening Form:
Please continue to fill out the form each day.
5) Other Safety Precautions:
* Out of consideration, all students are asked to quarantine and take special precautions around their health and exposure for the 10 days leading up to the performance week (starting Nov 26).
* Hair/wigs and makeup must be applied prior to arrival for the dress rehearsals and shows.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS:
All audience members over the age of 2 will be required to wear masks, with no exceptions. For detailed mask information, please click here.
All audience members will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken in the 72 hours prior to the show. This applies to vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Free Covid testing can be arranged at:
* Audience members need to be fully vaccinated and will be required to show proof of their vaccination status.
Anyone who is eligible for vaccination, but opting out for medical or religious reasons may provide proof of such medical or religious exemption 72 hours before the show (we will not be able to review exemptions at the door). Please email exemptions to sierra@act1LA.com. Such exemptions will be approved or denied in our sole discretion.
* Audience members 11 and under (not yet eligible to receive the vaccine), will be permitted in the audience, but they will be required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test that has been taken in the last 48 hours.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ENROLLED FAMILIES
MOVING IN-PERSON REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES ONLINE
If state guidelines change and prevent ACT-1 from rehearsing/performing in person, the session will be moved to our online platform. If that happens, we encourage all families to make the move with us! However, if participating online is not realistic for your family, you may receive a refund if the switch happens before the session begins, or a prorated refund if the switch happens during the session.
Head to our contact page!