SUMMER 2021 - ENROLLMENT IS CLOSED
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SHOW, THE AVAILABLE ROLES, AND SEE THE CHARACTER BREAKDOWNS.
STUDENTS WITH ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE ARE WELCOME IN OUR PROGRAM!
We do consider prior experience in auditions, but what's more important to us is skill, enthusiasm, directability and a fierce work ethic!
* We are not enrolling any kids younger than 9 years old, sorry! We can't wait to see you in the Fall for our next production AND we may be offering something else this summer for our younger students...TBD!
Auditions are happening through May 17!
We will arrange your audition day/time and send you audition materials as soon as we receive your registration and deposit!
When you register, start to get familiar with The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and its bizarre, hilarious characters!
* Cast size is limited and so we will not be accepting everyone who auditions.
* Your deposit will be refunded if we do not cast you in the show.
* Rehearsals will begin the week of May 17! We will meet 2-3 times a week for a few hours at a time. Sundays, and Tuesdays or Wednesdays, with possibly an occasional private rehearsal when you're available.
* Our staff is fully vaccinated. We may be able to do a few rehearsals over zoom, but most will be in-person. Some in-person rehearsals will be outdoors, and some rehearsals will occur indoors (in a very large rehearsal hall).
All indoor, in-person rehearsals leading up to tech will be masked, and while we are inside we will be observing a 3-foot distance rule.
* Other safety measures may be in place. We will have to follow legal restrictions as well as regulations from our venue.
MANDATORY TECH/DRESS REHEARSAL: week of July 11-14
PERFORMANCES: weekend of July 15-18
* Performances will occur at an indoor venue in Sherman Oaks, although we are do have a backup outdoor venue as well. We may or may not use masks for the actual performances. If we don't use masks, all casts members will be required to be vaccinated or tested the week of the show.
* Audience may be at a reduced capacity, which means we would allot a specific number of tickets per family. Audiences may be required to show proof of vaccination or a recent negative test.
* Other safety measures may be in place. We will follow legal restrictions as well as regulations from our venue.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Full Tuition: $745
A non-refundable $100 deposit is due in order to secure an audition time.
The only circumstance in which your deposit will be refunded is if we do not cast you in the show.
The balance of tuition will be billed to you in a payment plan that you choose!
There is one scholarship available for a qualifying family, through The Jack Bailey Memorial Fund.
There is an application process. Please reach out if you would like more information.
Head to our contact page!