WINTER SEMESTER 2021 - ENROLLMENT is OPEN!
Since the beginning of the pandemic in March, we have very successfully transitioned our Musical Theatre Production program to an online format. We will continue to offer production this way until it is safe to re-open in person!
What sets our virtual performances apart from other online performances you may have seen is that our production is FULLY LIVE. Meaning that the audience is comfortably watching the show LIVE from wherever they are in the world, while our students are performing LIVE from where they are! Nothing is pre-recorded! It is the very closest thing to live theatre that's currently available! The audience is able to give feedback and accolades live from the chat, while the actors perform together as an ensemble and even get to be "backstage" together, cheering each other on.
ACT-1 is very proud of the quality of entertainment and education that we are still able to offer even in these challenging times. We take great care to create beautiful sets/backgrounds, props, and costumes for the enjoyment of our audiences and to really "set the stage" for our performers and make it a special occasion. We have a tech team to stage manage the event and make sure that it runs smoothly and beautifully.
"SOUNDS GREAT!!!! HOW DOES IT WORK?"
Every month we have a new theme!
JANUARY'S THEME IS:
Power-grabbing, booty kicking anthems, and positive, inspirational, motivational power ballads
to kick off 2021 with hope, enthusiasm, determination and good vibes!!!
Students will brainstorm different songs they love that fit the theme, or characters that they've always wanted to play.
We will help them select something that is suited to their voices and personality!
If you need some song suggestions, let us know!!! We will send you a list to get you started!
This production has been designed specifically to complement our student's return to remote eduction.
The month-long workshop production is a fun way for them to be creative and connected, but doesn't require much screen time or sitting in a chair!
Over the course of the rehearsal process, students work closely with a director, choreographer, musical director, and designer, who will help them to showcase themselves confidently, creatively and using professional technique. It's a valuable experience for our aspiring thespians, building songs for their repertoire and learning to craft a solo performance. They will close out the showcase with a finely tuned song under their belt that they have perfected and could even later use as an audition piece!
At the end of the month, we reveal the performances in front of family and friends during an online cabaret!
Tickets are donation-only (pay-what-you-wish) and family members across the country may attend!
EXAMPLE REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
Online private and group rehearsals:
* January 3 (Sunday): 4:00-6:00
* January 4 through January 9 (Mon-Sat):
Anytime during the week (you will schedule it at a time that works best for you!): one hour 1-on-1 with Director/Choreographer Chera to finish choosing your song, and work blocking/choreo/performance
* January 10 (Sunday): 4:00-5:00 or 5:00-6:00 - group work
* January 11 through January 16 (Mon-Sat):
Anytime during the week (you will schedule it at a time that works best for you!): 1 hour with Musical Director Graham to work on vocal technique
* January 17 (Sunday): 4:00-5:00 or 5:00-6:00 - group work
* January 18 through January 23 (Mon-Sat):
Anytime during the week (you will schedule it at a time that works best for you!): one hour 1-on-1 with Director/Choreographer Chera to work blocking/choreo/performance
* MANDATORY January 24 (Sunday) - 3:00-6:00 - Run through rehearsal
* MANDATORY January 29 (Friday) - 4:00 tech rehearsal
* MANDATORY January 30 (Saturday) - 4:00 calltime for a 5:00 showcase performance! Online - LIVE with friends and family!
Just two payments of $99!
DEVICES YOU'LL NEED
1) COMPUTER: (REQUIRED) You must use a laptop or desktop computer using macOS or windows. This is very important! No chromebooks, tablets or phones can be used for zoom rehearsals or performances. We greatly prefer you to use a laptop computer instead of a desktop, because of mobility and how much easier it will be to set up your space.
2) SPEAKER: (REQUIRED) You will need a separate speaker to play your instrumental track. A quality bluetooth speaker is greatly preferred to a phone.
3) HEADPHONES (OPTIONAL) wireless headphones or earbuds
4) MICROPHONE (OPTIONAL) an external mic that you can plug into your computer
4) GREEN SCREEN (OPTIONAL) fabric backdrop
REGISTRATION ***ENROLLMENT IS OPEN! ***
We recommend registering early, as we only have a limited number of spots and will fill up quickly.
To register, click here.
Once we receive your registration form and non-refundable deposit of $99, you will get a confirmation email.