FALL SEMESTER 2020 - ENROLLMENT is open
Online private and group rehearsals and online livestream performance!
October 25 - November 21: “Disney” AND "Miscast Musicals"
We are combining two themes into one show next month!
Act One will be “Disney Devotion,” performing our favorite Disney characters and songs!
Act Two will be “Miscast Musicals,” with students playing roles that they normally would never be cast in, on account of gender, type, etc!
(You can also combine both categories, and do a "miscast" role from a Disney show)
We designed this production specifically to complement our student's return to remote eduction this Fall.
This month-long workshop production will be a fun way to stay creative and connected, but won't require too much screen time or sitting in a chair!
Students will brainstorm different songs they love, or characters that they've always wanted to play.
We will help them select something that is suited to their voices and personality!
If you need some song suggestions, let us know!!! We can send you a list!
Over the course of the next 3 weeks, students work closely with a director, choreographer, musical director, and designer, who will help them to showcase themselves confidently, creatively and using professional technique. It's a valuable experience for our aspiring thespians, building songs for their repertoire and learning to craft a solo performance. They will close out the showcase with a finely tuned song under their belt that they have perfected and could even later use as an audition piece!
At the end of the month, we will reveal each student's piece in front of family and friends during an online cabaret!
Tickets will be donation only (pay what you can) and family members across the country may attend!
EXAMPLE REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
* October 25 (Sunday): 4:00-6:00
* October 26 through October 30 (Mon-Fri):
Anytime during the week (you will schedule it at a time that works best for you!): one hour 1-on-1 with Director/Choreographer Chera to work blocking/choreo/performance (outdoors in person, or over zoom - you choose).
* November 1 (Sunday): 4:00-5:00 or 5:00-6:00 - group work
* November 2 through November 7 (Mon-Sat):
Anytime during the week (you will schedule it at a time that works best for you!): 1 hour with Musical Director Graham to work on vocal technique
And 1/2 hour with Director/Choreographer Chera
* November 8 (Sunday): 4:00-5:00 or 5:00-6:00 - group work
* November 9 through 14 (Mon-Sat):
Anytime during the week (you will schedule it at a time that works best for you!): one hour 1-on-1 with Director/Choreographer Chera to work blocking/choreo/performance
* MANDATORY November 15 (Sunday) - 3:00-6:00 - Run through rehearsal
* MANDATORY November 20 (Friday) - 4:00 tech rehearsal
* MANDATORY November 21 (Saturday) - 4:00 calletime for a 5:00 showcase performance! Online - LIVE with friends and family!
Just two payments of $99!
DEVICES YOU'LL NEED
1) COMPUTER: You must use a laptop or desktop computer using macOS or windows. This is very important! No chromebooks, tablets or phones can be used for zoom rehearsals or performances. We greatly prefer you to use a laptop computer instead of a desktop, because of mobility and how much easier it will be to set up your space.
2) SPEAKER: You will need a separate speaker to play your instrumental track. A quality bluetooth speaker is greatly preferred to a phone.
3) HEADPHONES (wireless headphones or earbuds - optional)
4) MICROPHONE (an external mic that you can plug into your computer - optional)